View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #1511
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I’ve learned that guys like Eric Fisher and Garrett Bolles who have excellent athleticism aren’t going to be necessarily the best option.

I want size, smarts and technique first and foremost. If a guy isn’t the most athletic then I can understand it. Guys like Fisher and Bolles had poor technique and it killed them for years.

Meanwhile a guy like Schwartz who wasn’t the most athletic guy had adequate technique but learned from Joe Thomas and became a ****ing savant there.

God watching Schwartz shut down Von Miller time and time again was just a thing of beauty. And Von was so much faster then Mitch but it just didn’t matter bc Mitch had elite technique. He mastered hand placement, leverage and stance. He was so smart and recognized moves and just out maneuvered those guys.

Get me the best tackle with technique that’s available and have them go to Mitch’s house all summer
Eh, you've gotta have a baseline of athleticism to be able to block the freaks that are the DE's in today's NFL.

Mitch is the outlier.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.