View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #590
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Boarding School possibly

My older brother has a son with the same issue. He's a good kid overall that doesn't get into trouble and no drugs. But he is exactly what you describe.
She's my step kid.........she's always been insanely difficult to deal with since she was little. A therapist said she was ADHD and ODD, she's always refused to do things, school has always been an issue and she magically isn't good at school because "the teacher is an asshole" basically if teachers don't hold her hand and not ask her to do anything she hates them.

Anyone that tries to hold her to a standard...yea doesn't go well. And I'll be honest we as parents are probably at fault for this to a degree. By the time she got to say 6th grade we had given up on making her do homework. Neither my wife nor I wanted to have a screaming session every single evening with her and then she still wouldn't do it. Her therapist told us to let her fail and have real life consequences...turns out she doesn't care about them. Then it became I'm really tired of this shit ruining my evening everyday.

I just don't know what to do with a person that has no hobbies, no interests, and is hopelessly addicted to their phone and doing nothing. Staring at snapchat and facebook all day isn't really a hobby. I told my wife that I just don't know what to do with her, if you aren't good at something I can accept that, but when you have no want to, no drive, no passion for anything what do I do with that?

Even simple household chores are frustrating...and even though she is nearing 17, you'd think she was more like 12, it's like she has no concept she is about to be an adult and needs to grow up.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.