Thread: Video Games The Last of Us Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #88
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post

But he isn't a good dude. He sentenced the human race to a death sentence with his actions at the end of the first one and murdered countless innocent people in the process.

To be frank, Joel deserved what he got, and I think it's been really interesting to experience this world from a perspective other than Joel and Ellie. The hate for Abby makes no sense to me. She's a well written and well acted character.
I've seen this sentiment expressed a lot and I don't entirely agree with it. The Fireflies weren't exactly good people. When you finally find them in the first game they debate killing Joel on the spot. During the second half of the museum flashback you see the graffiti from a Firefly talking about murdering and torturing people for them. Abby's father decides he has the right to take Ellie's life without consulting her about it or giving Joel any time with her. If I'm remembering correctly there was a chance it wouldn't even work. I think Joel's actions were pretty understandable and even justified given the circumstances. I wouldn't call it a good thing but I'm not sure it was evil, either.

The shittiest thing from a in-universe perspective is that Ellie probably would have agreed to the procedure and talked Joel into it, too, but Jerry had to be an unethical asshole. I do agree that the game is great, though. I beat it a few days ago and loved it. Not as much as the first but it is great.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.