Thread: Video Games The Last of Us Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:33 AM   #87
MVP

I'm not quite done with it yet. Just finished Seattle Day 2 as Abby so i'm getting there. I read the leaks when they came out though so i'm aware of where the story ends up going.

I've gotta say that I think the hate for this game is nowhere near justified. I think the first one was definitely better narratively, but I completely reject the notion that this one isn't a masterpiece as well.

It's honestly puzzling to me that people are so up in arms about Joel getting killed in this game. It's like people completely missed the point of the first game. Joel is likable to us because we went on that journey with him, and played the game from his perspective. But he isn't a good dude. He sentenced the human race to a death sentence with his actions at the end of the first one and murdered countless innocent people in the process.

This isn't a happy go lucky, black and white series where the good guys get a happy ending like Uncharted was. This is bleak, depressing and shows the reality of life in a world where humanity barely exists and consequences exist for every choice people make.

To be frank, Joel deserved what he got, and I think it's been really interesting to experience this world from a perspective other than Joel and Ellie. The hate for Abby makes no sense to me. She's a well written and well acted character.

To me this game is a masterpiece and one of the best games i've played this generation.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.