View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #15307
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Vinegar is for people that can't let the meat do the work. Sauces should complement the food and **** if anything vinegar does the trick.
And molasses is subtle?

Any sauce is essentially used to cover for mediocre meat. Barbecue as an 'art form' is designed to cover for mediocre meat. Pork shoulders and briskets are tough, ass cuts of the animal and they're the things most commonly smoked.

Hell, dry rubs and smoke are designed to avoid 'letting the meat do the work'. The only thing where the meat truly does the heavy lifting is steaks (so anyone that tells you they grill a great steak is uniformly full of shit - it's steak; ain't anything to it).

My preference is strongly in favor of Memphis style barbecue so I typically avoid sauces outright. That said, when I use them, I typically prefer a vinegar based sauce. The molasses heavy stuff is just going to overpower anything whereas vinegar bases are similar to salt in that they will pull out additional flavors as opposed to just making them.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.