Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 10:30 AM   #147
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Doesn't mean they'll continue that trend of paying the OL. Thuney and Taylor are likely both here through 2025. Thuney won't (and shouldn't) remain beyond 2025, Taylor can be cut after that year with minimal dead money. Not sure they pay both Smith and Creed, likely pay one of them and will backload the contract like they usually do. Yes there is a lot of investment at OL but not prohibitively so that they can't make other moves, particularly if they move on from Chris Jones.

I can see Darnell Mooney going for maybe $17 million a year tops. If we can pay $12 million a year to MVS they can probably manage to pay a little more for a better player.

Depending on how the rest of the year goes I just don't see how KC, and Mahomes in particular, are happy going into 2024 with mostly the same group. If Moore or Toney somehow steps up a bit in the 2nd half of the year then maybe they don't have to have a wholesale overhaul, but if we continue to see Rice as the only consistent option at WR it's putting a lot of eggs in one (rookie) basket to hope that we get another hit at WR where our track record has been extremely bad at finding talent in the draft.
I just don't see paying a mid tier WR 20ish million dollars as the way forward. I'd look around at older guys who wanna come on for a ring chasing type thing before I'd do that.

They've gotta draft their stars. Point blank.

It's too expensive to go elsewhere to do it at this point.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote