Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #92
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs View Post
I don't know how anyone who uses a truck for anything useful aside from hauling your boat or RV can think that design is remotely close to functional.

Where do you put the toolbox, since the bed wall is so slanted? What if you need to grab something that's up at the front of the bed? In a regular truck you can just reach over - good luck with that with the Cybertruck. Feeding cows in the winter - usually one guy drives and the other sits on the bedwall and chucks the hay every 40 yards or so. Can't do that on the slanted bedwall, especially if it's wet and icy. You sideload? Gonna be a PITA. Also, why can't you have a flat roof? Sometimes it's nice to just stick your lemonade/drink up there while your digging post holes or tightening fence lines.

I do like the high clearance and no drive train though. Doing irrigation work in Utah can be hell on a normal ICE drive train when you're crossing irrigation ditches and banging your drive train on a rock all the time.

Function before form, Elon!
Yeah this is my problem with the damn thing. Its obvious Elon didn't gather any input from people who use pickup trucks for the intended purpose maybe his next generation will get it right. Does look like it would make one hell of a lunar rover though.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.