View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 02:19 PM   #131
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I don't know how much you guys like hardcore/metalcore music. Most of it is pretty formulaic and blah but there's a few gems out there and plus, my youngest daughter loves it so it gives us something to bond over.

We're going to see Ice Nine Kills together this summer. Will be the 2nd time we've seen them live.
That's great that you're able to bond with your daughter over something she's into.

I'd say what I consider styles that fall under the hardcore genre is what I primarily listen to.

I admittedly have a soft spot for the formulaic, super cheesy toxic masculine stuff that has a little "street" and metal mixed in.

What I believe the kids are calling Beatdown these days.

I don't even pretend its of good quality, but thats kind of its point, and its a non-guilty pleasure of mine whenever I'm in the mood.

I'd even say that metal has found its way into hardcore without getting the metalcore label the way I think of the first wave of metalcore bands. It just seems like much more of a hybrid of aggressive styles.

I won't post a bunch of vids because I don't consider it metal but newer-ish bands in this genre that I like are:

Piss Ant
Tsunami
Omen (OKC)
10 Sluggz
Sector (Chicago)
Kruelty (Japan)
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote