View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #15790
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

As always, to some extent I'm regretting having saved coin on my vertical smoker. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and it wasn't a lot of bank, but this Cuisinart vertical smoker has not automatic temp control and that SUCKS. Even if it was off by a bit, I could adjust that if I had reading that told me how much I needed to fudge the temp by to get what I'm looking for. So basically I'm slipping the difference between what my free-standing oven guage inside says, what the smoker's guage says, and what the electronic probe is reporting. None agree... I know this is one of the main complaints that's out there, "what is 225, what is 250....?", but it's really pointless when you're having to run outside every 20 minutes to adjust the knob in hopes of keeping it close. Add to it that once the water pan goes dry the temp spikes, not to mention when the sun comes out (or goes down), and you might as well get a cooler of beer and hang next to the smoker. And it seems like Cuisinart went out of their way to make refilling the water tray and the chip container almost impossible.

While it's done some pretty good work, I think I might allow this one to suffer an accident and buy one that solves all these problems..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.