Thread: Video Games Classic WoW: Invite to CP Members
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I canceled my WoW account end of last xpac. Brought it back for the new xpac and then dropped it again. The PvP Ques were taking too long and i simply dont have the time to do what's necessary to stay current for top end raiding.

I started playing WoW back when you could download the incomplete alpha version off (one of those torrent sites), so im pretty familiar with Molten Core and the 40 man ganking etc. Great times. I was there for all of it. Me and my roommate would spend countless hours PvPing outside of Winterspring, or ganking lowbies in Ashenvale, before BG's became a thing.

But now...meh. I don't know. A little nostalgia came back while writing this post, and Blizz did send me 3 free days of WoW. We'll see. But im not particularly excited about Classic WoW making a return. The thing about nostalgia is that it wears off pretty fast. I don't think you can recapture the magic of what made Classic WoW so awesome at the time. There was never really anything like that before (Sure, Everquest, but fart sounds). Now, every game is an Online MMO of sorts. Every game is huge and expansive, and that curisosity for exploring this new uncharted open world is gone.
It's the PVP and the SERVER COMMUNITY that will bring it back for you. Guilds will fight one another for resources. You will have a reputation on servers again.

Plus PVP in Vanilla wasn't rock/paper/scissors, you needed skills, had to manage cool downs etc.

The thing Classic WoW Will have is massive world PVP like you don't see in other games. From tagging world bosses, to Tarren Mill Vs South Shore, to City Raids.. Not to mention the AQ40 gate openings.

There is no game that currently has this feel in my opinion. This is why I have kept going back and back.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.