View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
Hamilton was often projected as a top 5 pick. If you consider his drop being 3x projected he's just as big a steal as Jones (if not more).

Ojabo was perhaps taken in the expected range post-injury, but he's a top 15 talent when healthy and the early medical reports have been incredibly positive.

I hate the Ravens, but I think they got incredible value (as they always do).
Only 3 safeties have been taken in the top 5 in the last 30 years and only 16 in the top 15.

1991 - Eric Turner (2), Stanley Richard (9)
1993 - Patrick Bates (12)
2002 - Roy Williams (8)
2004 - Sean Taylor (5)
2006 - Michael Huff (7), Donte Whitner (8)
2007 - LaRon Landry (6)
2010 - Eric Berry (5), Earl Thomas (14)
2012 - Mark Barron (7)
2013 - Kenny Vaccaro (15)
2016 - Karl Joseph (14)
2017 - Jamal Adams (6), Malik Hooker (15)
2018 - Minkah Fitzpatrick (11)

It's rare air to be a top 5 safety. There was some jockeying that he might be a fringe guy before he ran a bit on the slow side. So, I don't know if it's incredible value as much as it was that's about where he should have gone. It's certainly debatable and I won't argue strongly against you, but I'm more of the opinion that the 10-15 range was his appropriate slotting so it's difficult for me to say they got something they shouldn't have.

You all know my opinion on taking Ojabo in the 2nd. I think it's ridiculously stupid. I could end up the fool but we'll see. It'll be curious to see how Odeyingbo develops in Indy this season as a barometer. These 2 guys will certainly either strengthen or break my opinion on drafting with those types of injuries.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.