Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 11:42 AM   #42
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
We test drove a Tesla Model Y Performance today. Been looking at one for a few weeks. Wife’s current car is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT that takes premium and gets 13 MPG. Premium was $5.15 today.

How’s the insurance on these Teslas?
Insurance was a concern for me as well. Through Geico my rates did go up but not as much as I had heard. I think it was around a 20% increase from the MDX to the MY performance.

That being said, I hit a highway cone at 4 AM on the way to work one morning. It was in the middle of the exit ramp and had been hit previously to where the black side was facing me so I didn't see it in time. Currently the parts for the Tesla have to come from Tesla so the total damage for a bumper, trim piece, and a bent "impact diffuser" was close to $5k. This was for damage that was barely noticeable. So I don't know how the insurance rates my adjust over time due to the high cost of repairs.

I love the car. I am not preaching green anything but I charge almost exclusively at work ($10 per month on employee plan). It's a bubbly, plain crossover family car that even my wife can drive, and it isn't a slouch if I want to go fast.
Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Macroach has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.