View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #172
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm not ok with this. At all. I want to win games now. Not wait around for a bunch of prospects that may or may not work out.
This team isn't going to many games now, though. Not as currently constructed. And without a huge amount of luck or the influx of $100 million in added payroll, it wasn't going to win games now.

We're talking about the difference between winning 84 and 74 or 64.

They're going to upgrade the bullpen later this year with guys like Staumont and Lovelady. They're ready or near-ready. It's reasonable to take some time for those guys to develop and to let some cheap veteran arms build/try to rebuild some value. Adding guys like Diekman, Boxberger, etc. is done with an eye towards having more veteran guys (which would conceivably improve the team) and also having some guys who can be flipped for some form of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Yeah, it's a dumb comment. There's no reason to be "fine" with a bullpen blowing game after game. Some people's fandom is always based on building for some potential team that may or (more likely) may not gel in 3-5 years.
The bullpen has ranged from bad to sucked ass in every game so far. There's no reason to be "fine" with it.
A terrible bullpen matters when you're a real contender. When you're an also-ran, it is meaningless unless the difference between "pretty bad" and "really bad" really means that much to you.

My fandom is based on the Royals being as awesome as possible as often as possible. It's a challenge for them due to the market sizes and realities of baseball. I'm not and haven't been a proponent of complete tear downs and purposeful tanks.

But if it happens naturally... ok.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote