View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 08:17 AM   #326
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Is there any Native American mascot/team name/logo that IS acceptable to the tribes? I, for one, have always been fascinated with their culture. Let's face it - Indian stuff is just cool. Are we going to lose that forever?
The challenge is that that's a black and white question, and the answer is in the gray. SOME tribes don't even have an issue with the name Redskins, but the poll I posted earlier suggested that a majority (67%) of those who participate in tribal activities were offended by it. I'd love to see the same study regarding Indians, Braves, and Chiefs, but I'm not sure if it exists.

That's really the data I care about. If a majority (or even close to it) of "practicing" native Americans are offended, the name probably needs to go. I don't really care about the opinions of woke white people, though, or even the opinions of one particular tribe that's not even in the KC area.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote