Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #3338
I could of gone pro

Rented JoJo Rabbit from Redbox last night. I hadn't heard anything about it and I don't even remember when it was at the theaters. Then I saw Scarlett Johansson and the director/actor (Hitler) on a morning show and then the Academy Awards had it nominated for best picture.

It probably has one of the most unusual storylines someone could come up with. I got the impression it was a comedy, but it's more of a dramatedy. It's about a 10 year old that is in the Nazi youth corp and he is gun ho for Hitler. In fact Hitler is his imaginary friend who pops up now and then. Johansson is his mother, who is a Jew symphanizer and is raising the kid as a single parent. Sam Rockwell plays the kids Nazi instructor and provides most of the laughs due to the outrageous statements he and the others make, mostly about Jews. All the while Johansson is hiding a teenage Jewish girl in her attic, sort of like Anne Frank. The kid finds out and that's when the story really takes shape. There is a lot of drama, people being killed, a rabbit gets killed, you'll be somewhat shocked by it all.

I really liked the ending, I was going to give it a 7, but the last 20 minutes I ended giving it an 8 on IMDB. Probably one of my favorite songs is Heroes by David Bowie, and the films ends with David Bowie singing Heroes in German.

BTW, I finally saw Once Upon a Time..in Hollywood. Loved the film, the music, the sights, the clothes, everything, I was never bored. I think it's an age thing, I graduated from high school in 1968, so everything in the film seemed relavant to me. I really don't usually like all the drawn out dialogue in most of Tarantino films, but in this one, it was cool. I gave it a 10.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli