View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:03 PM   #58
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I am extremely high on McConkey and 32 is the earliest I’d take him. I think we are all looking at this the wrong way though.

The LT issue is by far the biggest on the team. I think if Wanya Morris was a starting LT they wouldn’t have bolted for Donovan Smith to come back. I think that Raiders game really exposed him and as much as I like his athleticism and size, he’s a swing tackle.

I can’t get over how loaded this tackle class is. It’s as good for us as it ever has been. I think one of Amarius Mims and Tyler Guyton will be there in the mid 20’s for a trade up. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will all be gone leaving them as OT6. You also have guys like Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul and Jordan Morgan to compare to. There’s a myriad of options.

If they can just get a decent young LT for 5 years that would open up a ton of flexibility for us
But with the players you mentioned, you're not guaranteed to get a plug and play starter...you're drafting guys that are projected to play G, RT, or need development...aka what you already have.

Now I'll give you Mims, I just don't think he'll be there close enough to even go up for.

I also believe the value proposition in taking the 5th, 6th, or 7th best WR is a lot more than taking the 7th or 8th best tackle but again...that's just me.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.