Old 02-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #105
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I ran one today. Goal was to trade down and focus on:

OL (one tackle, C)
WR (need help there)
DE (need more pop opposite Frank)

I think the Chiefs best bet to add affordable talent in FA is at WR and DE, so OL becomes my draft focus in this one.

After two trades downs (Using PFN) offered TO me, I end up turning #31 into #s 46, 76, and 209 and the board just lines up perfectly for me. Jalen Mayfield and Teven Jenkins and Terrance Marshall Jr all on the board/available at 46.

2.46 - I take Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan as I gaze longingly at Marshall and sob. He has higher upside than Jenkins, and has a reasonable floor of excellent RT with reason to believe he can be above-average at LT.

I get a few offers at 63 and can't pass up getting 67 and 134 from Houston. I trade down to 69 from there and upgrade #130 to #105.

2.69 - after a lot of internal debate, I take DE Dayo Odeyingbo. This is a reach according to the current PFN board, but I think it's about right for him by draft day, and he's an ideal fit for KC.

3.76 - I reach again, according to PFN, to get Quinn Meinerz, C, Wisconsin-Whitewater. His Senior Bowl performance was outstanding. His power and ability to handle power and speed just shine for me. Should give KC a BIG boost inside.

3.94 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston. Hopefully, I've lined up a WR line Marvin Jones in free agency, making this a developmental guy who can give KC some touches as WR 3/4 early on, before becoming the guy at X in year 2 or 3.

4.104 - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame I make up for not doing a huge upgrade at WR2 by making TE2 a lot better.

5.134 - Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford Not sure what happened to his stock in his college season, but this is a long, versatile corner who fits well in KC.
5.162 - Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State Another Spags' build guy, horribly coached in college with immense physical tools.
6.209 - Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State Speedy WLB type who has potential in coverage. Just seemed like BPA for KC here.
7.224 - Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado Quick interior rusher

I've got way more movement here than is probably realistic, but the way the top of the draft fell is ideal. If KC ends up sitting at 46 with two viable day 1 starting Ts on the board as well as one of Marshall, Bateman, and Toney, I'll feel pretty good about that position.
I would be ecstatic with this. I also like Rashad Weaver at around that #69 spot.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.