Thread: Money Legal Help
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ah - so you're using what Lyft provides rather than carrying your own endorsements on your personal policy?

Because I'm sure you could get a commercial endorsement on your personal policy, pay a little higher monthly premiums but have better deductibles.
No.

This is how it works.

Uber and Lyft only cover rideshare drivers during Periods 2 and 3 (collision and liability). Period 2 starts once you accept a ride request and are en route to your passenger, and Period 3 starts once your passenger gets into your car. But when you’re online and waiting for a request during Period 1, you have no collision coverage from Uber or Lyft and much lower liability limits.

As a rideshare driver, you’re most at risk during Period 1, since you won’t get any collision coverage from rideshare companies and your personal insurer likely won’t cover you during this time either Unless you have the rideshare endorsement which I have then I would only have to pay 100.00 for the UM and not my 250.00

But if you get into an accident with Lyft during periods 2 or 3, you’re covered – but you are subjected to Lyft’s $2,500 deductible. This means you have to pay $2,500 before Lyft insurance will kick in, depending on what type of additional auto insurance policy you have.

https://therideshareguy.com/what-hap...ent-with-lyft/

The link below explains it, My insurance would kick in as a secondary insurance and would reimburse me 2,250.00 because my ded is only 250.0 or in this case of UM, I would get 2400.00 back from my insurance.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.