View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #131
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Dan, I don't get it. You ball out of control. Why not just drop $4k on a top of the line pre-built and call it a day?
I started building my own PC's back in 1997 and did so for about 7 years, then switched to a water-cooled Mac. I didn't care for the Mac because the thing was a freakin' space heater. It would literally cause the temperature of the room to rise by 10-15 degrees during the course of a day.

By the end of 2007, I purchased a Pro Audio PC from a well respected builder but it just had issue after issue, mainly due to Windows Vista but also due to the graphics card compatibility. That company was bought out and the new company replaced my PC, but I still had plenty of issues.

By 2012, I felt that it would be better for me to start building them on my own again, so I built that computer, then the i4790k in December 2014, which I'm still using to this day.

I guess the bottom line is that I feel more comfortable building and troubleshooting any issue myself because having some guy use TeamViewer every day to figure out the issue or issues is no longer an option.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.