View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #35
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't think this is a realistic scenario. Clowney's already turned down $18.5 million per year from Seattle and he's turned down Cleveland among other teams. The Raiders recently made a huge pitch to him (the numbers haven't been disclosed but it's been reported that it was much higher than any other offer he's received this year) and he hasn't signed with them, either.

I just can't see a scenario in which Clowney agrees to play for the Chiefs for $10-12 million per and even if $12 million was his asking price, half the league would jump into a bidding war, which would most likely leave the Chiefs out in the cold.
I thought I read the Vegas offer was lower than what he had received so far, but longer in terms of years.

The whole scenario is built around the idea of Clowney not getting the long-term deal he wants and deciding to take a one-year shot. That's the key "if."

In that circumstance, what would he prioritize - straight money OR the best setup for him to have a crazy year and increase his market value?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.