View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #637
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The Chiefs' draft is complete. We frittered away our 6th and 7th round picks on some guys who won the Super Bowl. So we end our draft with these new future champions.

1-32. Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin
2-63. Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
3-96. Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan
4-138. Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State
5-177. Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis

We addressed a few needs in the first three rounds, but couldn't resist adding some weapons to the Mahomes arsenal later in the draft. I wanted to add a defensive end, but we didn't have enough picks for that. All in all, we added a bit of strength to almost every position group.
I wouldn't bitch at a draft like that. Every pick addresses and area for improvement from last year's Super Bowl team, so theoretically it's not so much reloading as it is evolving the team.

Looking at how the Chiefs have drafted the past several years, I really see only two players that were taken with the intent to immediately plug them into the starting lineup-- Nnadi and Thornhill. If the draft went this way, you've for sure drafted 3 immediate starters, and possibly 4. I don't think Veach's board will work out that way, but you never know.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.