View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #14
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Warner was terrific. I always respected his game. Best touch on the ball ever IMO.

That said, I believe Mahomes takes things to another level. For as great as Warner was, he DID have a ceiling (albeit an extremely high one). I’m honestly not sure what Mahomes’s ceiling is. It’s that high.
No question.

But purely as a thrower, he still has a step to take. And I think he's gotten there as a processor because of the incredible strides he made last year, but he'll prove it for sure this year.

That's what made Warner so amazing as well - dude's touch (even when he was throwing those wounded ducks half the time) was supernatural and he seemingly NEVER missed the open guy. He knew who would break open and when it would happen. Guy was a maestro. Mahomes is getting there (may be there) in terms of his feel for the offense, but he doesn't have quite the touch on his passes yet.

But like you said - there's no ceiling on the kid. He could be everything that every great QB in this league ever was. Brady's ability to process in a maelstrom, Manning pre-snap reads, Young's mobility inside the pocket and ability to get necessary yards with his feet, Marino's raw arm strength, Elways fire, Montana's calm, Favre's joy, Rodgers ability to improvise, Brees's precision, Unitas's leadership. Then package it with Jordan's psychotic competitive streak and need to push himself.

I mean literally - take the greatest strength of every one of the top 10 passers of all time and tell me there's a single one of those areas where Mahomes cannot meet or exceed them.

It's just....not human. He's so !@#$ing gifted man, it makes me shake my head. I don't even know what to say about the kid at this point. This kind of guy shouldn't exist.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote