View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
So GamePass is being a jerk and not making the All 22 available as of yesterday (haven’t checked back today).

But look at this Baldinger analysis of Clyde’s first game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRFxf3-kAc&t=207s (I’m on my phone.)

Look at that OL. The blocking was superb all game, except on JJ Watt.

It’s pretty fascinating to me the impact a single guard can make. Osemele has added a level of physicality that the entire line has adopted. Wylie looked solid. Reiter looked solid. Fisher and Schwartz were moving bodies. But Kelechi was straight up blowing holes open and the entire line seemed to respond. Why does one guard make the entire line better? Seems crazy but here we are.

Some of that, it must be said, is Clyde, who has Jamaal’s ability to slip through cracks as if they’re wide open holes.

What do you guys see from the offensive line against the Texans?
Oh there are plenty of runs that weren't blocked up worth a damn.

The one I just put in the CEH thread - there was NOTHING there and it was a run off the left side. That should've been a no-gain and CEH popped if for 12ish.

One guard made the line better, yes. As did having Fisher back (who was a HUGE difference-maker for the team last year). And getting Wylie back to the right side where he was a genuine asset in 2018.

So essentially 60% of your OL is different than last year and your RB is better at putting you in favorable down/distance spots even when the blocking fails. So you have defenses less able to predict your tendencies and attack them.

It's much more than 'one guard making the entire line better' - there's plenty of turnover among the starters and a RB who gave them a lot of help.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote