Thread: Movies and TV Prime: Good Omens
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 AM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Good series.

But in "Man, you can't just enjoy anything for what it is these days" news, I went online to see a couple of different things: A) Are there any biblical references to Crowley and Aziraphale (not that I can find) and B) Did Crowley and Aziraphale actually do anything to prevent the apocalypse? I don't really think they did; this was all Anathema, Pulsipher, Adam and his friends.

I looked it up mostly because there's sort of an action movie trope about heros who do a lot but are ultimately completely ineffectual. Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best example (he had literally no bearing at all on the outcome of the movie). I can't see how the existence of Crowley/Aziraphale and their friendship had any bearing on the outcome here.

But to step backwards, the reason I just sighed when I looked this up was that I was immediately inundated with "Crowley and Aziraphale are the LGBTQ love story for the ages!!" and "What Good Omens does for the non-binary..." and even "Good Omens made me feel okay about living with Autism..."

FOR ****S SAKE PEOPLE!!! IT'S A STUPID TIME-WASTER! Why is someone ALWAYS looking for affirmation of themselves or their worldview in television these days?

But yes, Anathema Device is hoooooooooooot. And nothing is better than David Tenant chewing scenery. I did kinda feel like Michael Sheen spent the whole movie doing a bit of a Martin Freeman impression though.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote