View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 05:40 PM   #11
MVP

No one is obligated to agree or anything, but I left a roster with 8 WRs, including Ross and Toney. That is one WR over last year. I figure if Toney makes it to camp, he probably doesn't make the roster unless his head is on straight. It's true, I did not bring Watson back.

But with a historically deep wide receiver class, having the opportunity to set up the next iteration of Chiefs success was the goal:
Rookie WRs take time to get integrated into the Andy Reid offense. So we sign Noah Brown to provide an additional reliable target in the interim, and work on getting Mitchell focused on that Z tree.

This approach is the offensive mirror to the approach taken in the 2022 draft class to address the secondary - when they took 4 CBs and a Safety.

If the Chiefs don't go out and build the WR corps through free agency, they will have a lot more latitude to sign important, but less costly pieces for the future.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.