View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 02:20 PM   #104
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Every now and again I just try a complete pivot draft. But what I've also found is that this draft isn't gonna go as smoothly as I hoped it might. Whenever I do the PFF board and turn the randomness down a little and turn draft for need up a bit (because many teams do) and position value up a lot (because almost all teams do that) the draft suddenly gets real tough, real fast.

But this last attempt I decided to work some trade downs (I don't usually do that) and while I don't love the result, I didn't think it was awful either.

Devontez Walker in the mid-2nd. Brandon Dorlus and Leonard Taylor to try to rebuild the interior with some youth (I'd really love that) with two picks in the 3rd. Kris Abrams-Draine in the late 3rd because I thought the value was too good to pass up and CB depth is always good.

Cade Stover and Gabriel Murphy in the 4th; obviously I like Stover but I think Murphy is another interesting situational pass-rusher here, if maybe a little undersized for a full-time role. In the 4th, who cares?

Cody Schrader in the 5th as well as James Williams - athletic cover safety out of Miami and Steele Chambers as a STs and backup Will out of Ohio State. Trey Knox as a practice squad and developmental flyer with my last pick in the 6th.

There's not a knockout pick in that group, but I think that's going to be the nature of this draft. There's gonna be a lot of "damn, just missed our guy" I think. And we're going to be sitting there with a lot of similarly situated prospects with some frequency.
I've had a similar experience with the simulators, it's less promising than I originally thought on elite talent likely available to us, so I'm often moving down. But generally I'll start from a certain premise on what's happened in FA.

My general assumption is Veach won't have a rookie or Morris at LT and there's noone in FA beyond D. Smith, so he's likely coming back if he doesn't ask for silly money. Morris remains a guy to develop. I think one way or another we'll be solid ar DT at least. If Jones goes there's no way we're not bringing in a decent vet imo, probably 2. Could be wrong but that's my guess. Then I'm also assuming some sort of weapons have been added. Dunno if that's WR, TE or RB, but I'm normally guessing one of these is less of a need.

Makes it a lot easier to pick through things. I imagine everyone does a version of this I guess.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.