Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #293
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
It's been cold and rainy and I hadn't seen or heard of much swarm activity. I did miss out in one last weekend when a lady asked for help with a swarm at her house but wouldn't tell me where it was or her number. Dumb.

This afternoon I was mowing and noticed a bunch of bees in my orchard, even though it was a dreary, rainy day. I had hung a trap/box in an apple tree. I was witnessing a swarm moving into my trap! I trapped my first swarm today. I'm not sure if they swarmed from one of my hives or just outlaws but I'm happy to have them.

It was pretty cool to see. Not long after they arrived there was a flurry of activity. I didn't get a pic but bees were coming out and dropping dirt and crumbs on the ledge and others were pushing the crap off of the ledge. It was pretty cool to see just how fast they started working when they moved in. Almost immediately.
You're one tough MF'er if you mow in the rain.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.