Thread: Electronics New TV suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #89
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Thanks. I've been annoyed by the same exact thing with my Samsung, looks so much better now. Why the **** do they have that on as a default setting?
Well, that's kind of a technical question but the reason why some TV manufacturers added that to their then High Definition TV's is because actual film speed is 23.98 fps while Digital Film shoots at an even 24 fps. Some of the engineers could apparently "see" the difference between Film and Digital after the conversion, so "Motion Smoothing" was invented to kind of "smear" the image so that people wouldn't be able to see the difference and manufacturers like Samsung have included it on their HD and now UHD TV's since before 2010.

Unfortunately, it caused this "Soap Opera" effect, which as I mentioned earlier, completely destroys "Blocking" and "Blocked Shots" that Directors took so much time to create and put on film. Surprisingly, some people can't even see the Motion Smoothing (my parents being some of those people) while it can literally make other people nauseous.

I'm glad I was able to help both you and Dave.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote