View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #983
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.
Why didn't they do that in the superbowl then? They forgot?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.