View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #51
Dyin ain't much of a livin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I have said in several threads in the past, that being a successful college head coach isn't about coaching, it's about recruiting.

Sure, there will always be one or two anomalies, like Bill Snyder, but for the most part if you can't recruit, it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, you can't create a successful program.

Look at guys like Saban and Spurrier. They are just very good recruiters, or excel at hiring very good recruiters, but they really can't coach. They both attempted to coach NFL teams, and their inability to actually coach became very evident.

I don't like Pete Carroll. But he won a Super Bowl. But I don't think he can coach. He kinda lucked into an all-time defense, and a surprisingly good QB. And even with that luck, his poor coaching cost his team a 2nd Super Bowl championship.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Truth! For the most part, the college team with the best players win. If you can recruit the top players, you win.
Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.Bweb is not part of the Right 53.