Thread: Movies and TV Tiger King(Netflix)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #239
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And to some extent, a little turned off by the portrayal. I'm a big fan of rural OK. Tulsa can pretty much taste me, but I really enjoy OKC and anything south/west of there. They're passing off a pretty broad swath of people as toothless shitbricks when in reality that's the VAST minority of people out there. And nothing about that is OK specific - uneducated poor exist everywhere.
That was part of the appeal for me - I grew up with family in OK (specially Tulsa) and went there 3 or 4 times a year for my entire childhood. Some family was in the poor part of Tulsa (Pine Street and Lewis(?)) and others were out in the country.

And man, the people in Tiger King reminded me so much of the people I saw all over when I was in that state. They had teeth, but they were some redneck shitbricks.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.