View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 08:56 AM   #135
Starter

Some perspective

4 teams never went to a Super Bowl - Lions, Browns, Jags, Texans. + Others that went but never won a SB - Bills (4), Vikings (4), Bengals (3), Falcons (2), Panthers (2), Cardinals (1), Chargers (1), Titans (1). That is a lot of teams that have never won a Super Bowl.

At 51, I am too young to have been alive for Super Bowls I and IV but old enough to remember vividly every loss of the 90s and beyond. The no-punt game, the kicker misses, ****ing Elway, Brady, and the Colts. The 28 point lead. Montana concussion. The no progress bullshit and the holding call bullshit.

50 years in between Super Bowl appearances. Now we have hosted 5/5 AFC Championship games and went to 3 or 4 Super Bowls. Could have been 5 straight if not a single play in either of those games. Holy shit!

On top of that, this year we fielded the most rookies in the NFL this year + we have the most picks in the upcoming NFL draft (with projected compensatory picks). We have Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, Veach, and the best owners in the NFL. (Trust me being in DC - we are so fortunate.) We are in a golden era.

I will enjoy every second of today.

Now let’s go win this ****ing game!
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote