View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #15109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Similar. My wife is on oven and mostly indoor cooking although I try and flex some on the gas cooktop with mostly sauces. Those were her preferred recipe which I find a bit dense for my wheelhouse. Seems biscuits can be super divisive. My ideal is a soft flaky biscuit with a crusty enough shell to withstand sausage gravy, piece of fried chicken with a mound of slaw or a minimum of bacon and eggs, which I'm discovering is easier said than done. Lot of these breakfast sandwiches places around here seem to be pushing out unsweetened scones fronting like biscuits which ruins it for me.
Yeah, scones are too dry.

I liked this recipe because I thought that the cream of tartar as a catalyst is what gives you a more chewy texture w/ snickerdoodles and I like my biscuits to have that chewiness to them. Old fashioned buttermilk biscuits and stuff more break and crumble when you eat them - I prefer a little more dense and chewy. I think the logic works if your ingredients weren't purchased 3 Presidents ago...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.