View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 04:41 PM   #74
Veteran

It isn't clear whether this is a semi-auto or fully auto Uzi. If fully auto, I would expect federal involvement because ATF gets highly interested when they find a fully auto weapon.

California does prohibit firearms like an Uzi under their assault weapons ban. That ban was just declared unconstitutional, although that ruling has been stayed pending appeal. If the charge was based upon California's assault weapons ban, I would expect that the defense will try to use that decision as a defense. That may help with the simple possession of the firearm although it may not with carrying the firearm in a car, which would be a separate offense.

Hard to say what the NFL will do. If the Uzi is fully automatic, I would expect the court would punish him fairly harshly and so would the NFL. If it is a semi-automatic, the odds of a lenient resolution from the court and the NFL go up substantially. Right now, though, it's just too early to tell.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote