Thread: Movies and TV HBO Max
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
The rollout of HBO Max has been a disaster for sure. The fact that they can't get HBO Max onto Roku and Amazon devices is quite a mess.
80% of HBO's subscribers use either a Roku or Amazon device to access their apps.

The problem is that HBO wants either a cut of their advertising revenue (which represents more than 75% of their respective revenue streams - it's not from the sale of their devices) or they want both to stop offering HBO on their respective services (i.e., subscribing through Amazon or The Roku Channel in order to purchase an HBO subscription) because HBO loses money when subscribers don't purchase directly.

So until those issues are worked out, HBO Max will not be available on either service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I am not sure why they did not merge HBO Now and HBO Go into a single "HBO" app a number of years ago. Allow people to sign in to a single app with either their cable provider or their HBO.com account.
I explained this just a few posts above.

HBO Go is for those who subscribe through a Third-Party company such as Direct TV, Spectrum, Cox, Amazon, Roku, etc. while HBO Now is for those that purchase directly from HBO. The reason for separating the app is for tracking and accounting purposes.

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 08-09-2020 at 04:12 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.