Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: Episode IX
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #158
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I will always contend that the real problems started with TFA.

How they didn't sit down and chart out the 3 movies with a unified vision is baffling to me. Especially with the success Marvel has seen by playing it that way.

JJ screwed things the moment he was allowed to make A New Hope Awakens.
I just don't agree. Ep VII was a knock off, sure. But it wasn't actively BAD. It didn't do anything to irreparably damage anything. It meandered and was little more than an origin story for the next wave of characters, but A New Hope was similar in that regard.

The problem is that where IV was followed by an amazing episode V, VII was followed by a shit VIII.

The problem, as you correctly identified, was the lack of a unified vision. That didn't HAVE to happen just because Abrams made a largely reductive re-boot in TFA. There was still a foundation for a great next episode there. But the man, what an absolute piece of shit they made instead.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote