View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #4051
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I would probably score better where I'd play if I would take the driver out of the back on most holes. I could hit a 5 wood and have a mid-short iron approach in on almost all the Par 4s, and still several wedge opportunities, but I play for birdies, thus bringing in double bogeys, and worse.

Here's something you could try, and it's both useful and fun: go to the range and learn how to hit a half driver. I did this last year because there is a Par 4 I play that plays about 240 and I would have to nut a 3 wood to get it there and if I hit it poorly at all I would be blocked out by trouble. I found that taking a half-3/4 swing with a driver would put me on or near the surface with far fewer issues if I didn't make a good swing. It would be a wise way to play those shortish par 4s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
Getting off the tee is critical in golf, absolutely critical. It is just below putting, but only just below it.

With today's 3 wood distances, if you are a young strong golfer, you don't really need a driver cause the 3 wood goes 270+. Hit that sucker straight off most tees and you are near scratch golfer I would think.

I still carry a driver, but I probably shouldn't.

The half driver is a fun shot, rolls a long way for me. I like the half three wood too on holes where I should be hitting a long iron.
Yep.

My driver is officially out of the bag. I've gone Full Phil and put a 13.5 X Hot Pro 3W in the bag, and it's just as long as my driver.

If anyone is interested in a Nike VRS with an Ion played Ahina in stiff, let me know.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.