View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #627
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Oddly, a fellow in a Rams uniform walks in and goes to the Chiefs table to pick up their card. He goes to the microphone as a low buzz of speculation reverberates around the room.

The Ram takes the podium.

"The Chiefs have the 177th pick in the draft," he says, "if you don't count those two extra picks that the 49ers just made. Only one Chief has ever been drafted with the 177th pick, and he was my former college teammate Chris Golub."

"My name is Nolan Cromwell, and you may remember me from my 11-year career as a safety with the Los Angeles Rams, featuring four pro bowls. But before that, Chris and I were part of the powerhouse 1976 Kansas Jayhawk team that saw seven players get drafted into the NFL's first eight rounds of the draft. I was the quarterback of that team and I was drafted in the second round as a free safety. My teammate Chris was our free safety at Kansas, and he went to the Chiefs with the 177th pick of the draft."

"Unfortunately, Chris did not make the team in 1978, and a year later he was killed in a car wreck. So we'll have much better wishes for the Chiefs' next #177, and I think he'll be great."

"With the 177th pick in the NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis."

A familiar song starts, and Cromwell dances off the stage singing his iconic lines from the Rams promotional video, "Let's Ram It".

"I like to ram it, as you can see, nobody likes ramming it more than me."

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.