View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #390
What time is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
You have to be kidding me Mark. Taco just by naming himself Taco made race an issue. One of my buddies used to post here, his name was masonic. He caught tons of crap for having that name. Did he complain even once? NOT This PC crap is over the top. Call me a whitey,cracker, honkey or whatever you like. It may not be right as you put it but give me a break these crybabies need to toughen up especially when the poster himself made race an issue. As a Chiefs fan what do you think would happen if I went to a Raiders BB and stared flaming everyone with the name Honkey? I guarantee you I would catch some grief about race and it would be expected. I would never cry racism and pretend to be a victim.
BTW, this would make you very PC there Mark.
So, because he named himself T aco it's okay for people to use racial slurs? Sorry, but I disagree. I also disagree with the way TJ has handled it, but that doesn't give everyone a right to do it in the first place, IMHO.

As far as people calling you whitey or cracker, it's just a bit different IMHO. Whites haven't spent hundreds of years watching their relatives be lynched, watching them not get jobs, watching them have to use different water fountains, etc. just because of their skin color. Once again, why is it always the white folks that discuss having thicker skin? Because in most cases they haven't experienced the ugliness of racism--at least not on the same level.

As far as me being PC--yes, I am. And that's my choice. If you see that as wrong, that's your choice. IMHO, I have no right to tell another group of people what they should or shouldn't be called. Personally, "Human" would be a good choice. But as I posted to raiderhader, until racism is wiped out, groups will continue to find ways to identify themselves in ways that they see fit. It's not up to me to tell them how to do so.

MM
~~
Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.