View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #5618
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 handicap. I wasn't good enough I didn't think and went back to players irons. I did love how they performed out of heavy rough. The smaller faces of blades make them cut thru the rough like butter

Have you ever tried a mix? Say cavity backs for 4 iron to 6 iron, blades from 7iron to PW? I've never been a great long iron player. I just cant hit them straight and hook them more than any club in the bag but maybe thats because everything is offset. My strength in my game is mid irons so I love blades for 7i to Wedge.

BTW, why do they make irons automatically offset? It drives me nuts. No one under a 12 handicap wants offset.
Never tried a mix but I assume it would make sense, I don't hit a high ball so long irons are not my strong suit not sure any amateur hits them well , I hti a pretty mean 2 iron off the tee on short par fours until I discovered hyrbids but I don't think i'm ready for 3-5 hyrbids just yet, and I concur on offset clubs drives me nuts.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.