View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 AM   #5616
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I love blades , grew up playing McGregor Muirfield 20th irons I hate the fact I don't play enough to be consistent with them anymore and have to use cavity muscle irons the AP2 are ok but feel is just not the same.
I tried Ping blades back in the day when I was a 2 handicap. I wasn't good enough I didn't think and went back to players irons. I did love how they performed out of heavy rough. The smaller faces of blades make them cut thru the rough like butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I love blades , grew up playing McGregor Muirfield 20th irons I hate the fact I don't play enough to be consistent with them anymore and have to use cavity muscle irons the AP2 are ok but feel is just not the same.
Have you ever tried a mix? Say cavity backs for 4 iron to 6 iron, blades from 7iron to PW? I've never been a great long iron player. I just cant hit them straight and hook them more than any club in the bag but maybe thats because everything is offset. My strength in my game is mid irons so I love blades for 7i to Wedge.

BTW, why do they make irons automatically offset? It drives me nuts. No one under a 12 handicap wants offset.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.