View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #27035
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Chiefs drafted Blackledge over Marino because winner.
And over Jim Kelly. We drafted a QB who, over the course of his college career, completed less than 10.5 passes per game, and had 41 TD passes and 41 interceptions.

Kelly's and Marino's college stats aren't as sparkling as you may think, but they at least threw more TD passes than interceptions. I still, to this day, don't understand how a single scout or personnel guy looked at Blackledge and thought that guy could run and be successful in an NFL pro style offense.

I was 12 when he was drafted, and I remember how upset I was, because I didn't know as much about football then as I do now, but I knew that I had watched a handful of Penn State games and thought their QB absolutely sucked. I could see the suckage at 12, but my favorite team couldn't.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.