Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 06:46 PM   #112
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
It's football. Any one can be oft-injured. I certainly wouldn't let that hesitate me evaluating what we see in videos or let myself come to some medical nexus without a proper medical exam. We can only watch videos which don't allow us to come to that type of nexus on his health. That would be silly to even try to make that assumption. His skillset is unique enough to warrant an evaluation from us here at CP without making an assumption of a medical nexus.

I like Egbuka, maybe not as much as you. We probably won't have a chance for him though. Never know he may test poorly and drop to the lower 1st. I'm not sure we have the draft capital to move up.
Using a word like nexus, you should understand then that type II muscle fibers are more prone to fatigue than type I. The twitchier athletes tend to have a higher concentration of type II fibers. Muscle fatigue makes an athlete more susceptible to injuries because those fibers cannot reach the same level of stretch/elasticity that they had when not fatigued. So yes, there is an absolute "medical nexus."

That said, I'm not saying you dismiss a player because of it. I am saying you shouldn't put a premium on an overly twitchy player. It does make for fun highlight videos though.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.