View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I am equally baffled by the overwhelming amount of twitter commenters saying Jones' performance in the Super Bowl was "overrated" as I am by those saying we have to lock up 200m in our defensive line. I remember we talked about the writing on the wall about this situation being there when we traded for Clark. I love Jones. He brings an atypical skillset to the position and has a mentality on that defensive line that comes up clutch when the lights are brightest.

If Andy and the coaching staff aren't willing to pay him 20m/year (his market price), that should tell us something. I think I've grown a bit more accepting of Jones going elsewhere after watching Kollman's breakdowns of Jones' run defense. Jones run D never stopped being a liability through the end of the season. He was often out of position or missed run assignments and had to be bailed out by other players. He came up huge in the playoffs/Super Bowl, no doubt, but it makes me wonder if that's why the Chiefs are more hesitant to make a deal than previously indicated.

If he ends up going elsewhere, I wish him the best. The dude had a straight up legendary performance in the Super Bowl and we don't win a title without him. He should never have to pay for a meal in KC ever again.
Perfectly stated!
YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.