View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 05:25 PM   #168
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Uh, Palpatine's son was born before BEFORE Return of the Jedi.

The whole thing isn't believable to begin with, and with zero explanation, it's even less believable.
I understand that, say he had Rey when he was 20, he would have been 10 during RotJ, he could easily have slipped away during the craziness going on with the fall of the empire & Palpatine wouldn't have had the strength or the resources to track him at that point. If he was even alive. We don't know at what point he came back or gained enough strength to bother attempting to find his son and any children they may have had.

I'm not suggesting he lost his son at the height of his power, just the opposite. I'm suggesting he could have lost him at the low point of his power after Vader threw him down the shaft & he lost control of the armies of troops at his disposal. And again I'm not sure why the Emperor wouldn't want to have sex, but if you think it's unbelievable that the most powerful person in the galaxy would want to have sex I don't know what to say other than I disagree.

You're right though, the issue is they didn't bother to explain any of it. A reasonable explanation could be made, they just didn't. I understand they were already trying to cram too much into the movie as is in order to attempt to salvage a story out of where TLJ left them. But even a note in the opening crawl explaining Palpatines basic backstory could have helped a lot

Last edited by ScareCrowe; 12-26-2019 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Edited to address edit in quote
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.