View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:49 PM   #59
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'm playing with that some now, because I recently moved on from a more beginner full body routine to targeting muscle groups.... and I know the whole "to failure" is a debate and some think a couple less than failure is fine.

I don't tend to go to complete failure, but then it makes me wonder when I'm not needing to lighten up the weight towards the end (not that I don't feel like I've had a good workout, but still have some in the tank).

Then again... one more rep, a little more weight... forever.
Well, if it's Bench Press we're talking about, there's no going to failure w/o a spotter. So in a lot of instances going to failure isn't even an option therefore a rep or two short of failure is the best you're going to do.

And i sure AF ain't going to failure with any rep that involves weights being lifted over my head. So things like Dumbbell shoulder presses will always be a few reps short of failure.

Bicep curls, chair dips etc are all "failure-fair-game".
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.