View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:46 PM   #58
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I go down so I can keep my reps in the 10-12 range. Otherwise my last set would only be a couple reps. You want “time under tension” which is why the number of reps matter. If you go to failure, you will generally struggle to hit the same reps with the same weight on the next set. That is why I drop the weight.

There is definitely more than one way to have success though. I am not really trying to hit a personal record.
I'm playing with that some now, because I recently moved on from a more beginner full body routine to targeting muscle groups.... and I know the whole "to failure" is a debate and some think a couple less than failure is fine.

I don't tend to go to complete failure, but then it makes me wonder when I'm not needing to lighten up the weight towards the end (not that I don't feel like I've had a good workout, but still have some in the tank).

Then again... one more rep, a little more weight... forever.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.