View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #56
Would an idiot do that?

Jeff Nippard does a lot of study-backed videos and one was around how rep ranges for size, strength, and endurance are quite a bit larger and overlapping than the generic <3 reps, 4-8, 8-12, 12+.

I try for 8-12, but concentrate on when I can up the weights... I have adjustable dumbbells that increment 5lbs, so I may only need to get to 10 reps before upping 5lbs and doing 8 reps.

Also just bought a cable rack thing that goes up by 10lbs per side, so if I'm doing two armed curls, I'm probably looking at making my way up to 12 or more reps since I'd be adding 20lbs.

Much more than 12 and I'd feel like I'm doing endurance work (the reason p90x and those don't work, along with how they just obliterate smaller muscles). I have some of that built in, like a warmup squat/overhead press or lighter weight flys, but as mention, also don't want to waste time and reps in that range for heavier lifts.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.