View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:09 PM   #48
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
One thing I have learned over the last 4 years is...counting calories is not the be all end all. You have to look at what you are eating. In fact, my coaches have been having me eat MORE than I thought I should, concentrate on protein and when I lift, I lift as heavy as I can. Quality reps over quantity, and time under tension, so go slow. It ain't a race, and it's about your body, not the fitness model on YouTube. That's just me, but I really saw improvement this year. I don't even get on the scale anymore, I go by how my clothes fit.
That's the beauty of progressive overload... you can only bullshit yourself for so long.

I started lighter on a lot of stuff, sometimes to get the movement down and sometimes just not knowing where I was in terms of reps. But, if I'm at 12+ reps in a set, I'm adding weight. And with each workout I'm trying to add one more rep and then level up on weight.

Outside of simply not doing the exercise correctly (such as not having a full range of motion), eventually there's no where to hide. I could do a bunch of quick or sloppy reps, but eventually I'd be at a weight where I'm just kidding myself if I'm still doing the movement correctly.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.