Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 05:50 AM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Using a word like nexus, you should understand then that type II muscle fibers are more prone to fatigue than type I. The twitchier athletes tend to have a higher concentration of type II fibers. Muscle fatigue makes an athlete more susceptible to injuries because those fibers cannot reach the same level of stretch/elasticity that they had when not fatigued. So yes, there is an absolute "medical nexus."

That said, I'm not saying you dismiss a player because of it. I am saying you shouldn't put a premium on an overly twitchy player. It does make for fun highlight videos though.
Then you should know that type 2 muscle fibers are predominantly in the arms and chest, and type 1 muscle fibers are predominantly in the legs, spine and neck. Unless you are suggesting he will be running on his hands I'm still not sure how you have come to a medical opinion that he will be an injury problem. It's not like he doesn't have all his knee ligaments or anything.

Who is putting on a premium? Last I looked the guy is a day 3, round 5-7 guy. You talk about a top 15-20 guy we more than likely won't have a chance in hell of getting as some sort of barometer. I am just trying to put a guy out there that we might actually have a chance to draft. We have only what, 8 picks this year? Unless someone is traded and some draft capital is gained, I wouldn't expect any trading up imo.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.